IMC Equity Group
This is your opportunity to take your career to the next level! IMC Equity Group, a full service commercial real estate holding company, is seeking a dynamic Legal Assistant to join their team. At IMC, our reputation for success is made possible by the commitment and competence of our employees, all in a relaxed family-oriented culture.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Preparing affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, organizing and maintaining documents in paper or electronic filing system.
• Preparing legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, discovery requests and responses.
• Reviewing and preparing files for attorneys prior to meetings, hearings, depositions, mediations and trials
• Preparing for trial by performing tasks, such as, organizing exhibits.
• Reviewing incoming pleadings/correspondence, opening files and managing case lists.
• Coordinating process servers.
• Maintaining report spreadsheets of eviction pipeline.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following qualifications:
• 3 years civil litigation experience.
• Background in real estate and commercial litigation preferred.
• Computer proficiency in Outlook and Office Suite (Word, Excel), Adobe (document production/bates labeling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Spanish a plus.
• Team player and be self-motivated.
• Good communicator and possess the ability to follow-up and through on tasks.
• Competent and able to speak directly to clients.
• Flexible and have the ability to multi-task.
• Organized and etail-oriented.
• Follow and adhere to deadlines.
• Polite and courteous when dealing with clients.
• Familiarity with state, federal and appellate procedures, including e-filing, CM/ECF, e-courtesy and e-service
For consideration, please apply complete the online form or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.